Consumerism, Sensationalism, and Voyeurism in a Global Context
American Studies Leipzig, Germany
Annual MA-Level Graduate Student Conference
Leipzig, April 1-2, 2011
The MA-level graduate conference “American Pornographies: Consumerism, Sensationalism, and Voyeurism in a Global Context” will investigate different notions of ‘pornography’ on literal and broader levels. Although conventionally associated with sexuality alone, ‘pornography’ is most productively understood more broadly as the often sensationalist commodification of individual acts and features. Thus, the previously understudied subject of pornography brings new impulses to the study of consumerism, particularly in light of the rising influence of globalization and the Internet. Calling for an interdisciplinary angle, we welcome contributions by MA-level students from all fields related to American studies. Proposals are due by January 6, 2011.
Students who wish to attend the conference as a guest should register by February 28 via email.
The conference will take place at Schillerstraße 6, 04109 Leipzig. For further information on how to get to the venue, please refer to the "For Participants" section of the website.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. To see the entire Call for Proposals, please refer to the attached document below.
- 11 Apr, 20:00 MA Conference "American Pornographies" Comes to an End
- 11 Apr, 12:00 Mephisto Reports on MA Conference "American Pornographies"
- 01 Apr, 11:00 Graduate Student Conference 2011 (April 1-2)
- 20 Mar, 23:59 CfP: Symposium of Students in English at West University (Timisoara, Romania)
- 28 Feb, 23:00 Registration for Attending MA-Level Conference "American Pornographies"