Welcome to American Studies at Leipzig
Area Expertise. Transcultural Literacy. International Skills. Community Dialog.
American Studies at Leipzig builds on the great traditions of European and German universities to prepare students for global engagement and international careers. In this spirit, we pursue four interrelated goals:
to encourage knowledge and expertise about a critical region in world affairs
to explore transatlantic cultural differences to help students understand and become fluent in the dynamics of American culture and life
to empower students to acquire essential international skills for today's globalizing employment markets
to engage the broader community in dialog about the many facets of American life.
We are delighted that you are visiting our website to learn a bit more about what makes our program so unique. And please feel free to contact us with your questions.
- 13 Jul 17:00 1401 (Lehramt) Lecture Exam
- 08 Jul 13:00 LC II Presentations
- 07 Jul 13:00 AAWGC Presentations (Dr. Katja Schmieder)
- 06 Jul 19:00 Reading with Picador Professor Justin Torres in Berlin
- 06 Jul 15:00 SHP I Exams (Tobias Schlobach)
- 05 Jul 11:00 LC II Lecture Exam
- 30 Jun 12:49 Office Hours During Summer Break 2016
- 27 Jun 10:57 ASLAA Graduation Ceremony - July 15
- 23 Jun 11:27 Prof. Garrett's office hours rescheduled to 29 June
- 22 Jun 22:01 New Modul "Sprachenlernen im Tandem" at Sprachenzentrum
- 21 Jun 12:14 New Anglistik Module "Internationale sprachliche Kommunikation"
Institute for American Studies
Fax: +49 (341) 973 7339
Secretariat Office Hours
Monday to Thursday
For individual faculty members, please click here.
For individual staff members, please click here.
How to find us
Geisteswissenschaftliches Zentrum (GWZ, Beethovenstraße 15), Haus 3, 5th Floor