Welcome to American Studies at Leipzig
Area Expertise. Transcultural Literacy. International Skills. Community Dialog.
American Studies at Leipzig builds on the great traditions of European and German universities to prepare students for global engagement and international careers. In this spirit, we pursue four interrelated goals:
to encourage knowledge and expertise about a critical region in world affairs
to explore transatlantic cultural differences to help students understand and become fluent in the dynamics of American culture and life
to empower students to acquire essential international skills for today's globalizing employment markets
to engage the broader community in dialog about the many facets of American life.
We are delighted that you are visiting our website to learn a bit more about what makes our program so unique. And please feel free to contact us with your questions.
- 06 Feb 14:00 Symposium on the Culture and Politics of Consumerism in the U.S.
- 02 Feb 17:00 MA Colloquium Pacific Century
- 26 Jan 16:05 Prof. Arlene R. Keizer Talked About Black Feminist Postmodernism
- 24 Jan 18:38 "Teaching America": Student Lesson Plans Successfully Applied in Schools
- 23 Jan 02:22 Black Presences in Leipzig: A Symposium
- 21 Jan 12:15 Florian Bast's Office Hours Cancelled
- 18 Jan 23:47 Secretariat Closed until Further Notice
Institute for American Studies
Fax: +49 (341) 973 7339
Secretariat Office Hours
Monday to Thursday
For individual faculty members, please click here.
For individual staff members, please click here.
How to find us
Geisteswissenschaftliches Zentrum (GWZ, Beethovenstraße 15), Haus 3, 5th Floor