Welcome to American Studies at Leipzig
American Studies Leipzig rated excellent by the Wissenschaftsrat.
Application Deadline for MA American Studies Admission Test 2015: Monday, April 27!
Area Expertise. Transcultural Literacy. International Skills. Community Dialog.
American Studies at Leipzig builds on the great traditions of European and German universities to prepare students for global engagement and international careers. In this spirit, we pursue four interrelated goals:
to encourage knowledge and expertise about a critical region in world affairs
to explore transatlantic cultural differences to help students understand and become fluent in the dynamics of American culture and life
to empower students to acquire essential international skills for today's globalizing employment markets
to engage the broader community in dialog about the many facets of American life.
We are delighted that you are visiting our website to learn a bit more about what makes our program so unique. And please feel free to contact us with your questions.
- 07 May 19:00 Picador Reading with Lauren K. Alleyne
- 04 May 17:00 Until the Rulers Obey: US and Latin American Social Movements
- 30 Apr 17:00 SHP II Final Exam, Make-Up Date
- 27 Apr 17:00 Literature & Culture I Make-Up Exam (Wiederholungsklausur)
- 06 Feb 15:45 Ethnicity and Diversity II
- 17 Apr 08:38 Florian Bast's Office Hours Canceled/Rescheduled
- 13 Apr 18:28 IMPORTANT NOTICE: Room Changes in Modules LCII and SHPI
- 13 Apr 12:00 COURSE CATALOG SUMMER SEMESTER 2015
- 10 Apr 11:06 Leipzigs Partnerstadt Houston - von der Öltown zur multikulturellen Metropole
- 09 Apr 10:59 Prof. Garrett Seminar "Mediating Politics" Cancelled for Monday, April 13
Institute for American Studies
Fax: +49 (341) 973 7339
Secretariat Office Hours
Monday to Thursday
For individual faculty members, please click here.
For individual staff members, please click here.
How to find us
Geisteswissenschaftliches Zentrum (GWZ, Beethovenstraße 15), Haus 3, 5th Floor