Welcome to American Studies at Leipzig
Area Expertise. Transcultural Literacy. International Skills. Community Dialog.
American Studies at Leipzig builds on the great traditions of European and German universities to prepare students for global engagement and international careers. In this spirit, we pursue four interrelated goals:
to encourage knowledge and expertise about a critical region in world affairs
to explore transatlantic cultural differences to help students understand and become fluent in the dynamics of American culture and life
to empower students to acquire essential international skills for today's globalizing employment markets
to engage the broader community in dialog about the many facets of American life.
We are delighted that you are visiting our website to learn a bit more about what makes our program so unique. And please feel free to contact us with your questions.
- 16 Jul 17:00 Pioneer Publishing in the Postacademic World
- 15 Jul 17:00 Immigration, Religion, Citizenship: Documentary Film Screening
- 10 Jul 18:00 Picador Reading
- 09 Jul 11:00 International Conference: Democracy and Difference in the "Pacific Century"
- 06 Jul 17:00 Strategies for Effective Communication
- 03 Jul 16:30 ASL Independence Day BBQ on July 3
- 11 May 10:14 Exam Dates Summer Semester 2015
- 30 Jun 12:27 Heather Prüssing's classes cancelled for this afternoon
- 30 Jun 12:12 Anja Eifert's office hours cancelled on Wednesday, July 1
- 25 Jun 10:41 Florian Bast's Office Hours Moved to Thursday Next Week
- 16 Jun 16:55 as|peers Journal Release on June 19
- 16 Jun 16:42 Picador Professor Lauren K. Alleyne Read from Her Work
Institute for American Studies
Fax: +49 (341) 973 7339
Secretariat Office Hours
Monday to Thursday
For individual faculty members, please click here.
For individual staff members, please click here.
How to find us
Geisteswissenschaftliches Zentrum (GWZ, Beethovenstraße 15), Haus 3, 5th Floor